Knit 1 Tea 2 Swap Questionnaire
1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I have tried both but prefer bags. Of course if there is something in a loose leaf I like then I will buy it. I would like to try a Roobis or a Darjeeling though.
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I love so many that it is just too hard to choose just one. I do drink alot of Herbals though.
3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white)I drink a lot of black teas but would like to try some whites and reds. I’m not real crazy about greens but will drink them if they are mixed with some flavor of some kinds. Don’t like plain green teas. (Keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
4. Would you say you were a teapot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? I do have a teapot but hardly ever use it. Since I am the only tea drinker in my house it is just easier for me to heat the water one cup at a time
5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? I am not really sure what accessories are out there. I did see a strange looking spoon once that was bent in the handle so that it didn’t slip from the rim. Of course I also need a tea cozy for my teapot since I do not have one. And I collect pretty cups and mugs. My mom buys me a new one each year at Christmas so my collection is starting to grow.
6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (Examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). I love treats. Scones and chocolate YUMMY of course I would have a bubble bath by candle light while sipping tea and nibbling chocolate.
7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Cotton, because I wouldn’t have to worry about if anyone was allergic to it and I just plain love how it feels against my skin.
8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Baby booties, for one I prefer quick knits and babies are fun and easy to knit for and I have lots of new babies joining my extended family.
9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) Knitting get together at a friends
10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) Oh scones are a must and a good crustless chicken salad tea sandwich on sour dough bread.
11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose – do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? I buy what I like it may not always be the one called for on the pattern.
12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? I make my own bags to carry knitting projects in.
13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? I don’t really have a favorite one to knit by I knit watching all sorts of programs or movies.
14. Are you a traditional teacup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? Nope don’t really care if they match and I don’t have a preference to cup or mug. If I like it I use it.
15. Favorite childhood birthday party? Didn’t have to many childhood parties that I can recall.
16. Favorite type of scone and jam? I love blueberry scones and jam.
17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? Anything that has a baked good smell like banana nut bread.
18. If you could choose 3 people to have ‘tea’ with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). Of course it would be my friends Kathie and Donnely, and her sister Diane could come too. I would be so lost with out my friends. We really bond together in tough times, Beside not many celebrities impress me.
19. You’ve been invited to a tea party, what ‘props’ will you wear (formal or casual)? I would have to wear a very pretty hat and the garden party dress that my friend Donnely is making for me and my matching handbag (made by me)
20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? I can not have anything with a heavy floral or perfumed scents.
21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? I do not like anything Strawberry. The very smell of them makes me ill! I love honey in my tea but am not crazy about Lemon flavored honey or teas.